Monday, August 9, 2010

Sometimes life is just plain hard!

WOW!! nobody ever said staying sober wouldn't be challenging at times. I have been so stressed out I really thought I was going to have a heart attack! I almost got evicted, due to back rent created by non payment of an old roommate. Yeah thanks for that old roomy you know who u r! Thank God my sister came through for me!I have been looking for employment but even minimum wage jobs ask for criminal history and background checks!! How does fraud or drug possession sound on a application?? And then there's some interesting colorful misdemeanors I'd rather forget. It really gets discouraging when 4 years go by you are a senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.715, a single mom struggling to be a good role model for her kids by changing my entire life and showing my girls that its never to late to change and follow your dreams and you can't even get a job at Mc Donalds, not that I want one there, but its hard!! I did get a part time tutoring position but they did a background check so waiting to be summoned. However I was honest from the start that's gotta count for something! School is great!! I love Cognition and my professor she is excellent!! I hope to someday model her teaching style. I truly love psychology and the inner functioning of the mind both unconscious and conscious process, I find it fascinating. I just think I am so blessed to find a career I truly love and have passion for and will never consider just work, its more like a devotion. I just pray I will find employment when the time comes and that my past mistakes won't impede my success. I refuse to believe3 it will in this great country of new beginnings and second chances there has to be hope for someone like me, if not in the United States of America then where? anything other than affirmative would be scary indeed!
No matter the struggle, its all about having faith and striving to continue the struggle one day at a time. Sometimes its difficult but their are a lot of good days and achievements are forthcoming. It's worth it!! Don't give up remember its all about staying sober no matter life and I'd like to add helping others!
God bless nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment