Saturday, June 26, 2010

Intro My life story or as much as I can remember LOL

Hi I was just blogging and I accidentally touched something and "PUFF" it was gone! I haven't figured it out yet but hopefully I will be able to get through this 1st BLOG. I have always wanted to blog but wasn't sure I had anything very interesting to say. However today I decided to go for it because I felt I did have something worth sharing. Today I stayed sober no matter life!! You may be wondering what the hell that means??? Well it means life happens, families fight, you get stressed, car problems, money problems, spouse problems, school problems...Hence life. So staying sober no matter life means no matter what life throws at you ..you stay sober. I am not saying its easy or doesn't suck sometimes I am just saying don't pick up no matter life..don't give up no matter life.. You may be saying what the hell does that person know about my life, and your right I don't know anything about your life, but I can tell you about mine. Maybe something I say, I've experienced will call out to you and you can relate, maybe not..either way here it is...
Hi I am a 49 year old female who has been sober since October 2006, it is also the last time I snorted, smoked, inhaled or took any drugs! Which is truly a miracle because practically every time I drank I would "experiment with the drug of the day, week, or era. LOL no seriously if it made you feel "good" I'd try it!! Then I try it over and over and over again...get the picture??? Sound familiar??
It all started I believe as a baby when my well meaning mother gave me aguardiente ( a Spanish liquor) in my baby bottles to help me sleep!! Ever since I can remember I drank, I remember being about 7 or 8 years old and being at my family party's and whenever my parents or their guests got up to dance I'd down their shots or rum and coke called "cuba libre" with a twist! I remember being hung over before I was old enough to wear a bra!!! By 12 I was snorting coke, I was introduced to cocaine in Medellin, Colombia S. A by my uncle who used the stuff as an anesthetic in his surgeries. He gave to me so I'd wake up because I was plastered and my mom was gonna KILL me!! I was everyone's favorite niece and the life of the party!! Sound familiar yet??? My life continued and the addictions got stronger. I had a daughter when I was still a teenager Nicole she's beautiful and still the light of my life!!! I tried to straighten up for her but I failed and my mom pretty much raised her along with dad and brother. I was an addict by then but still didn't know or believe it!! Sound familiar??? Not yet?? I'll continue..
I tried a geographical change or rather several, moved to New York from Florida ( I mostly lived in Florida but traveled often for months at a time to South America). It didn't work I lost almost everything including about 30 lbs became pretty much anorexic. Snorted coke all the time now. Did a few Qualudes (remember those?)and thought I looked great!!! Called an x boyfriend sent me a first class ticket and a limo at the airport back to Florida. I did coke on my tray on the plane no one said anything. Drank champagne and the rest is a blurr...Gotta love the 80's LOL!! I had some fun and don't regret all of my past, because it made me who I am today...Any of this ringing a bell yet???
I'll pick up with my life story tomorrow but let me tell you a little about who I am today, so you can understand what I just said. I am a 49 year old mother of 3 girls the youngest which is 5 Briana and lives with me. I am a full time student majoringin psychology and my goals include grad school in the spring of 2011 in mental health counseling so I can help others reclaim their lives and stay sober no matter life. I have recently developed a preventative mental health program for high risk children and am looking into funding opportunities to further explore this possibility. I believe with a preventative program in place high risk children have an opportunity at a mental health live free from substance abuse and full blown disorders. If the program does not eliminate these problems our children face it can greatly reduce them and keep our children out of the criminal justice system and in school...There is so much more to it and that is actually its name the" MAS" program which means "more" in Spanish. Our children deserve more..More of a change for a mentally healthy life. More of a chance of a promising future....
More on this later!!
Goodnite to you all my fellow blogger s, I am not even sure how this works and if you can answer me or comment on what I have written, but I'll continue blogging my life story tomorrow and remember it's all really about staying sober no matter life!!!
Nite... and stay strong, you can do it, if I can anyone can!!
God bless!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the typos and spelling should of proofed it,,Oh well it my 1st post..Live and learn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have overcome addiction to crack cocaine ....it was a long and difficult struggle, bit I made it ...stay strong and you can maintain your sobriety ...

    Good Luck ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, I am proud of you thank you for visiting my blog please feel free to follow me and add any experience strength or hope you may have (your own stories) I hope to help other through this blog and could use the help.
    Remember the whole point is staying sober no matter life!!

    ReplyDelete